One of the core values that guides our work at BC Ambulance Service (BCAS) is putting the needs of our patients first. You can help us live this value and improve our services by providing your feedback - good or bad.
What's the first step?
Complaints are best addressed and resolved at the time and place they occur. If you have a compliment or a complaint, speak with the person who provided the service. If you would like assistance connecting locally, please contact the relevant BC Ambulance Service Regional Office.
What if my complaint is not resolved?
Contact the BC Ambulance Service (BCAS) Patient Care Quality Office. The office is open Monday to Friday (except statutory holidays) from 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Provide as much detail as you can about your experience and the service or program to which you are referring.
BCAS Patient Care Quality Office:
- Phone: 1-855-660-2757 (toll free)
- Fax: 1-604-660-2656
- Email: email@example.com
Mailing Address: 302, 2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC V5M 4X6
If you would prefer to meet with someone in person, please attend the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) PCQO located at:
PHSA Patient Care Quality Office
BC Women's Health Centre
Room A108, 4500 Oak St
Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1
What if English is my second language?
The PCQO has translated versions of the PCQO information brochure available in Chinese (simple), Chinese (traditional), Farsi, French, German and Punjabi. You can also request translation services when you contact them.
What can I expect if I complain to the Patient Care Quality Office?
The PCQO handles patient care quality complaints in an open, transparent manner, serving as a liaison between patients and health-care providers during the complaint process. Your feedback will be used to identify improvements to the quality and safety of patient care.
Patient Care Quality Office:
- Will acknowledge your concern within two business days.
- Will formally record and manage your complaint in a prompt and fair manner.
- Will work for you towards a resolution by connecting with the appropriate care providers and investigating relevant policies and procedures. (Review of complaints take up to 30 business days).
- Will provide you with a response to your complaint as well as an explanation of decisions and actions taken as a result of your complaint. (Responses will be collated and completed within 10 business days of the review).
What if I am still not satisfied?
If the response from the Patient Care Quality Office has not resolved your complaint, you may contact the Patient Care Quality Review Boards for an independent assessment of the matter.
To request a review of your complaint, please contact:
Patient Care Quality Review Boards
PO Box 9643
Victoria, BC V8W 9P1
- Phone: 1-866-952-2448 (toll-free)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 250-952-2428
Go to Top